|February 21, 2010 3:00 pm||to||February 23, 2010 7:30 pm|
The Chicago Ensemble‘s February 21/23 program features a wide-ranging selection of nine works featuring voice and chamber ensemble by Bach, Copland, Roussel, Berg, Mozart, Seiber, Mendelssohn and Schubert.
Michelle Areyzaga, soprano; Stacy Eckert, mezzo-soprano; Susan Levitin, flute; Elizandro Garcia-Montoya, clarinet; and Gerald Rizzer, piano/artistic director, will perform.
- Bach: Cantata Arias, for soprano, mezzo-soprano, flute and piano
- Mozart: Aria: Parto! Ma tu ben mio from La Clemenza di Tito, for mezzo-soprano, clarinet and piano
- Copland: As It Fell Upon a Day (1923) for soprano, flute and clarinet
- Roussel: Joueurs de Flûte, op. 27 (1924), for flute and piano
- Berg: Four Pieces, op. 5 (1913) for clarinet and piano
- Arr. M. Valls and L. Algazi: Songs of the Sephardic Jews, for soprano, mezzo-soprano, flute, clarinet and piano
- Mendelssohn: Selected Duets for soprano, mezzo-soprano and piano
- Seiber: Drei Morgenstern Lieder (1929) for mezzo-soprano and clarinet
- Schubert: Der Hirt auf dem Felsen, D.965, for soprano, clarinet and piano
3 pm, Sunday, February 21, International House at University of Chicago
1414 E. 59th Street (between Dorchester and Blackstone)
7:30 pm, Tuesday, February 23, Fourth Presbyterian Church
126 E. Chestnut Street (at Michigan Avenue) » Read more: Michelle Areyzaga is featured vocalist with Chicago Ensemble